Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekly for January 5, 2014

As promised, this is the weekly post that helps me keep track of my personal professional development as a web developer. (That’s a weird phrase. Maybe there’s a better way.)

New Resources
* PHP: The Right Way

On My Bookshelf
* Learning Python. A library book, ‘til 1/14. (75%)
* Node.js In Action, borrowed from a colleague (20%)
* Getting Started with NoSQL (70%)
* Programming Python, 4th Edition (not started)

Summarize later
* The Art of Agile Development
* 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know
* PHP Web Services

Wish List
* JavaScript: The Good Parts
* PHP Objects, Patterns and Practice

This week I started getting familiar with GitHub (and more generally, Git), my first foray into distributed version control systems. I also contributed to an open source project for the first time(!).

No comments:

Post a Comment